As we stream our church services online, we wanted to provide you with resources that you can use to worship with your kids at home. We are currently holding Virtual Sunday School meetings for your children via Zoom, and we'll continue to send out their weekly lessons so that you can help them stay connected to what they've learned throughout the week!
HOW DO WE WORSHIP AT HOME? Family worship is as simple as gathering your family to:
1. READ 2. SING 3. PRAY
Read. Go through the Bible passage together as a family. Play the lesson video (links below). Ask your kids appropriate level follow up questions. Sing. Sing the selected worship songs provided for your children below, or any praise song your family enjoys to sing to Jesus!
Pray. Share prayer requests and pray together. You can read, sing, and pray in ANY ORDER. Just keep it short and fun!
Discussion: (pick the questions that work for your kids) Younger Elementary:
1. James says that a person who hears the Word of God but does not do what it says is like who? (A person who sees himself in a mirror and then immediately forgets what he looks like, James 1:23-24)
2. What two groups of people did James specifically mention helping? (Widows and orphans, James 1:27)
3. What does James say a person can show their faith by? (The works they do to obey God, James 2:18)
4. If you take care of people in need and show kindness to others, but do not trust Jesus, are you saved? (Remind kids that faith is necessary to salvation. We cannot earn salvation by good works.)
5. Why is faith without works useless? (Guide kids to understand that a person who claims faith but shows no outward signs of loving and obeying God’s Word probably does not have true faith. Explain that saving faith is marked by the Holy Spirit’s presence in a person’s life. He transforms people to live more and more like Jesus; a person who isn’t being transformed likely doesn’t have the Holy Spirit in his life.)
6. What are some ways we can do good works through faith? (Help kids brainstorm practical ways they can live on mission, such as sharing their lunch with a friend, showing kindness to someone they don’t normally get along with, and telling their friends about Jesus.)
1. How does God help us live out our faith? (Lead kids to recognize that when we trust in Jesus, He gives us the Holy Spirit who helps us live holy lives. By allowing the Holy Spirit to help us do what is good and right, people who trust Jesus can show that they really believe in Him. Option: Choose a volunteer to read Heb. 13:20-21.)
2. What good is it to listen to God’s Word but not do what it says? (Help kids recall that James says if we just listen to God’s teaching but don’t do what it says, we fool ourselves. When we listen and take action, we will be blessed. Works is proof that our faith is real. What sets us apart from demons is not that we believe God exists but that we have faith in Him and live to honor Him. Option: Choose a volunteer to read James 2:18-19.)
3. How does our obedience to God’s Word relate to how much we trust Him? (Guide kids to discuss how what we believe affects how we live. We sit in a chair or ride in a car because we believe it is safe and reliable. We brush our teeth because we believe doing so will keep cavities away. We obey God’s Word because we trust that He is Lord, and He is good. Option: Choose a volunteer to read Eph. 2:8-10.)
Monthly Memory Verse and Question Memory Verse:Romans 12:5 In the same way we who are many are one body in Christ and individually members of one another. (CSB)
Big Picture Question: What is the church? The church is all Christians everywhere, who gather together in their communities to worship and serve God.
For questions, concerns, or to get connected, please contact Children's Minister Ms. Valerie.