As we stream our church services online, we wanted to provide you with resources that you can use to worship with your kids at home. We are currently holding Virtual Sunday School meetings for your children via Zoom, and we'll continue to send out their weekly lessons so that you can help them stay connected to what they've learned throughout the week!
HOW DO WE WORSHIP AT HOME? Family worship is as simple as gathering your family to:
1. READ 2. SING 3. PRAY
Read. Go through the Bible passage together as a family. Play the lesson video (links below). Ask your kids appropriate level follow up questions. Sing. Sing the selected worship songs provided for your children below, or any praise song your family enjoys to sing to Jesus!
Pray. Share prayer requests and pray together. You can read, sing, and pray in ANY ORDER. Just keep it short and fun!
Discussion: (pick the questions that work for your kids) Younger Elementary:
1. What do we become when we believe in Jesus? (Children of God, 1 John 3:1-2)
2. What command did John give to children of God? (To love one another, 1 John 3:11)
3. How do we love one another? (In deed and in truth, 1 John 3:18)
4. What does godly love look like? (Guide kids to look at Jesus as the perfect example of love. Jesus served His disciples, taught them, and laid down His life for sinners. We can love one another by serving one another, helping one another study the Bible, and protecting one another from harm.)
5. How can we love one another well? (Help the kids understand that, on our own, we do not have the power to love in Godly ways. Remind the kids that the Holy Spirit lives in believers to give us the power to love God and love one another.)
6. When is it hard to show godly love to others? (Guide kids to think through situations they have faced in which they didn’t want to show love to someone. Help them understand that we must love even those who treat us badly. Be sure to remind kids that loving someone doesn’t mean letting them hurt you. If any kids disclose abuse or neglect, report it to law enforcement and your ministry leaders according to the laws where you live.)
1. What benefits do we have as children of God? (Prompt kids to consider parallels in an earthly parent-child relationship. Children are in a family forever. They enjoy what belongs to the father, they can go to the father with every need, they inherit the riches of the father, they are disciplined and instructed into right living, they get to be like the father, and so forth; Option: Choose a volunteer to read Rom. 8:14-17.)
2. What are some ways the world might misunderstand what love is? (Lead kids to discuss beliefs people might hold about love. Some people might think that love is just a feeling, that love is temporary, or that love must be earned. Remind kids that our love should be lived out in action. Option: Choose a volunteer to read 1 Cor. 13:4-8.)
3. Why is it important to love others and not just say you love them? (Guide kids to recall that love is more than feelings or words; love is something you do. Jesus showed God’s love for us when He died on the cross to take our punishment for sin. We can show Jesus’ love to the world when we care for people. Love without action lacks power or sincerity. Option: Choose a volunteer to read 1 John 4:7-8.)
Monthly Memory Verse and Question Memory Verse: Philippians 1:6 "I am sure of this, that he who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (CSB)
Big Picture Question: What will happen for all Christians in the future? One day, all Christians will see Jesus in His glory and live with Him
For questions, concerns, or to get connected, please contact Children's Minister Ms. Valerie.